Using vibration therapy to improve muscle, bone and circulatory health isn’t new. Research studies are providing solid results that show short-duration, low-frequency mechanical stimulation of the body is a safe and viable method of strengthening the musculoskeletal system, improving posture and proprioception, and much more.
The immediate effect of Whole Body Vibration (WBV) is to stimulate the body’s physical response to vibrations by vigorously activating reflexive muscle contractions 20-50 times per second. This translates to a more efficient workout in just 15 – 20 minutes, 3 days per week.
Being at the forefront of progressive science and technology, the DKN- platform accelerates weight loss and quickly reduces body fat and the appearance of cellulite leaving you with tighter, smoother skin. Studies have also shown that WBV improves blood circulation, stimulates bone growth, and boosts metabolism. Health experts are turning to WBV to help reduce physical pain and speed up the recovery process of injured muscles.
The Whole Body Vibration platform recreates the muscle stretch reflex according to the following process:
- Stimulus: a tap on tendon causes a muscle stretch reflex
- Receptor: the receptors in muscles and joints note this shift in length
- Spinal cord: they pass the information on to the spinal cord
- Brains: the response to this sensory stimulus via the spinal column is a direct contraction of the stretched muscle. The brain is not directly involved in this process.
Many studies have demonstrated that a 10-minute exercise on a WBV machine is equivalent and even better than an hour workout with conventional fitness equipment. The impact of WBV is significant in the medical field as positive results have been observed with Parkinson’s disease patients and patients suffering from other degenerative diseases. For women and elderly people, studies have shown that WBV substantially slowed down the progression of osteoporosis and helped rebuild bone density.
- 100% of the muscle fibers are trained as opposed to only 40% in conventional training
- Increases Bone density
- Increases blood flow and oxygenation in all skeletal tissues
- Increased blood flow in muscles (95% of capillaries open up to 40-60%)
- Increased production of Testosterone and growth hormone (HGH)
- Increases production of endorphin
- Decrease stress hormone Cortisol (up to 30% per session)
- Increases flexibility
- Increases muscle white fiber (explosiveness)
- Increase muscle strength and performance
- Decrease recovery time
- Reduce lower back pain
- Increase collagen for smoother skin
- Help in fighting cellulite
- Accelerate weight loss
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Localized fat burning
- Smoother skin (flatten out Adipose globules)
- Increase muscle strength and performance
- Remove muscular lactic acid-accelerates muscles recovery
- Increase Range of motion
- Improve balance mechanism
- Micro-massage muscles
- Reduce strain on joints, Ligaments and Tendons
- Aid figure correction
- Helps concentration
- Improves general condition of elderly people
- Fights the effects of osteoporosis
- Improves condition of patients affected by Parkinson’s disease
- Proven Positive effects on Multiple Sclerosis symptoms
- GREAT RESULTS IN LITTLE TIME AND LITTLE EFFORT
Controlled vertical vibration provides an efficient and effective workout, especially for those on the go who don’t have enough time to go to the gym. Exercises are easy and short. Training a minimum of 3 times a week on a WBV platform for 12 to 24 weeks will significantly improve the following:
- Balance Flexibility Strength Endurance Toning & Fat-Loss: Not only will your energy levels increase, your mental focus will be enriched and enhanced, and you will sleep better. The secondary effects generated will be increased blood flow and increased involuntary neuromuscular stretch reflex, which in turn will boost your hormonal system response, generating more Endorphins (happy hormone), more Collagen (better skin), more HGH (more muscle mass and less fat), and lower your Cortisol level (stress and fat accumulation hormone).
- Growth Hormone: stimulates growth and cell reproduction in humans. High production of HGH also leads to more rapid healing of fatigued or injured cells and allows for faster recovery.
- Testosterone: plays a key role in health and well-being as well as in sexual functioning. Examples include energy, increased production of red blood cells and protection against osteoporosis.
- Cortisol: usually referred to as the “stress hormone” as it is involved in response to stress. It increases blood pressure and blood sugar, and reduces immune responses. Plasma concentration after 10 minutes of WBV